PURPOSE OF AWARD
The Phi Lambda Sigma Outstanding Chapter Advisor Award was established in 2006 to recognize an advisor of a Phi Lambda Sigma chapter who has promoted student leadership, actively contributed to the achievements of their local chapter, and served as a leader and mentor through their service to the profession and/or the community.
NUMBER OF AWARDS & STIPEND
One (1) recipient is chosen annually. The recipient receives a distinctive award and the chapter receives a $500 cash award, which is presented during the Phi Lambda Sigma Awards Banquet held in conjunction with the APhA Annual Meeting.
- Must be a member of Phi Lambda Sigma
- Must have been an active chapter advisor for at least one year
- Must have actively promoted student leadership
- Must have made significant contributions to achievements of the chapter
- Must have served in leadership roles in the profession and/or community
- Must not be a past recipient of the award
- Must not be a current national officer
APPLICATION DEADLINE & SELECTION PROCEDURE
The deadline for the nomination materials is February 15, 2021. The nominator is responsible for completing the nomination form and submitting the award nomination packet. The nomination packet is to include the following items:
- Nomination form (found at top of page)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation: one (1) from the Dean, one (1) from a Phi Lambda Sigma faculty member, and one (1) from a Phi Lambda Sigma collegiate member
The selection is made by the Phi Lambda Sigma Awards Committee based upon careful review of completed materials.
APPLICATION & SUBMISSION PROCEDURES
Please complete the Outstanding Chapter Advisor Award Nomination Form.
Questions: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.