To support pharmacy leadership commitment by recognizing leaders and fostering leadership development
Ensure the continuing availability of student and practitioner leaders for the profession of pharmacy.
1. Develop awareness of the continuing need for leaders in the profession of pharmacy
2. Promote opportunities and rewards for leadership in the profession of pharmacy
3. Motivate student pharmacists and pharmacists to accept leadership service opportunities
4. Promote leadership research
Acknowledge leadership achievement and award membership to leaders recommended by the Society
1. Strengthen recognition of Phi Lambda Sigma as the leadership honor society in pharmacy
2. Promote the national awareness and visibility of Phi Lambda Sigma by linking membership and leadership achievement
3. Build a sound membership base of students, alumni, faculty, and honorary members.
Enhance the talent, skill, and effectiveness of leaders for the profession of pharmacy
1. Support and encourage programs and services to assist those who desire to serve in a leadership role
Support and encourage sustained leadership commitment
1. Ensure the continued utilization of the talents, skills, and experiences of existing leaders
2. Reward students and practitioners who serve the profession in a sustained leadership role